Are you ready to sell your home but dreading the process? Selling a property can be exhausting and frustrating for the average homeowner, and if you’re looking for ways to avoid the hassle, here are several things that will help.
Sell your home as-is for cash
You may have heard about companies that buy homes as-is for cash. This solution isn’t for everyone, but if you’re facing the following situations, it’s worth considering:
- You’re facing foreclosure
- You need to relocate quickly
- You need to pay off major debts
- You’ve inherited a home and you can’t pay taxes
- You just want to sell your home fast
The way this process works is simple. You fill out a form with some details about the property you want to sell, and then you get an offer. You can choose to accept that offer or not, but if you accept it, the money will be quickly transferred to your bank account (and in some cases, you can request to receive a check by mail).
The benefits of selling your home for cash are huge. With a traditional sale, your home needs to pass an inspection before the buyer will sign for the sale. If there are any major defects, you’ll need to make those repairs before the sale will go through. Sometimes buyers will want you to make even small repairs before they’ll commit to the purchase.
When you sell your home for cash, you don’t have to schedule or pass any inspections. Your home is bought “as-is,” which saves you time, money, and frustration.
When you sell your home for cash, you also get your money quickly, which allows you to use it sooner. If you’re facing foreclosure, selling for cash will give you quick access to the funds you need to pay off your delinquent mortgage payments. You also won’t have to pay the closing costs.
Work with a real estate agent
Selling your home FSBO, or “For Sale By Owner” is a tricky situation. On the surface, it seems like it should be simple enough to sell your own property. However, that’s not the case. Selling your home, the traditional way without a real estate agent is time-consuming and can be a major source of stress.
While you can save between 1.5-3% in agent fees by selling your own home, that savings comes at a big price. Most FSBO home sales fail because it really does take experience and expertise to sell a property. Some of the mistakes that cause FSBO home sales to fail include:
- Not valuing the property correctly. Property values aren’t easy to ascertain. Unlike cars, there is no “Blue Book” for homes, and you can’t just go by the value set by the county to determine your property taxes. Most home sellers overvalue their homes and become disappointed when they don’t sell.
- Not marketing the property. Homes need to be marketed to find potential buyers, and this is an active process. You need to actively market a property to get interested buyers. This takes time, money, and resources that a real estate agent can do more easily than a homeowner.
- Not paying the buyer’s agent commission. If you aren’t willing to pay the buyer’s agent commission, then real estate agents won’t tell their clients about your property because there’s nothing in it for them. This will cut you off from a massive pool of potential buyers.
- Not staying on top of duties. When you have potential buyers calling you, taking too long to return their calls can drive them away. The same goes for not scheduling showings quickly. It’s stressful to manage all of this, and many FSBO home sales fail because sellers get overwhelmed and take too long to fulfill the duties that a real estate agent would promptly handle.
While it’s possible to sell your home without a real estate agent, it’s not the best idea unless you have previous experience selling homes.
Stage your home
Staging your home increases the potential for your property to sell far above the list price. However, this only works if you’ve vacated the property before listing it for sale. If you’re not living in the home you’re selling, stage it because it will sell faster, and you’re more likely to get a higher sale price.
It costs between $752 and $2,848 to stage a home, according to Bank Rate. Although considering staged homes sold for about $40,000 over list price in 2021, it’s worth the expense.
Be willing to come down on the price
A major source of stress is haggling with potential buyers over the price of your home. If you’re working with a real estate agent, trust their judgment regarding the value of your home and what offers you should seriously consider accepting. They will know best. It’s not worth haggling over a small amount of money if you have a seriously interested buyer ready to sign the contract.
Don’t rush the sale
Trying to close a sale prematurely is going to be a major source of stress. You might think that closing the sale fast will make the rest of the process smooth, but you could end up making things more chaotic. For example, if you rush a sale, the buyer might discover a major defect and sue you for not disclosing it at the time of the sale. Rushing a sale can also end up in a buyer’s finances falling through at the last minute.
If you’re in a hurry to sell your home, don’t sell it through traditional methods where you list it and connect with potential buyers. If you’re truly in a rush, the best way to get your home sold quickly and without stress is to sell your home for cash.
Need to sell your home fast? We’ll give you a cash offer in 24 hours!
If you need to sell your home quickly, we’ve got you covered. We’ll buy your home as-is for cash, so you won’t have to stress about marketing and showing your property, making repairs, or passing inspections.
When we buy your home for cash, you won’t have to put it on the market, talk to a real estate agent, or leave at various inconvenient times for people to view your home. We’ll even cover all of your closing costs.
Contact us today and we’ll get back to you with a cash offer within 24 hours!